Presbytery of Baltimore is seeking applicants for an Associate for Congregational Vitality
To take a leading role in implementing and breathing life in the Presbytery’s vision and ministry plan and encourage, challenge and equip existing and new congregations to thrive. This is not a called position so it is open to clergy and lay alike.
- Serve as primary support for the Commission on Thriving Congregations.
- Analyze and share the latest resources and models in congregational development and transformation within and beyond our borders
- Work with and coach congregations in transition as they work on ministry assessments and strategic plans, encouraging and challenging congregations to seek more robust and transformative vision for their future.
- Resource Ministry Groups, both designated and those that are creating and implementing congregational transformation initiatives or New Worshipping Communities
- Research and recommend assessment tools for congregations and encourage leadership training for maximizing the effectiveness of such tools for congregational development and redevelopment
- Network with groups and attend programs of the greater Church to gain new insights and approaches that will encourage congregations to thrive and enable the Commission to achieve its outcomes.
- Other ministry related duties as assigned.
- Ordained PCUSA Teaching or Ruling Elder preferred or qualified member of the PCUSA.
- Demonstrated skills and expertise in successfully working with congregations in transformation, new church development and immigrant community development.
- A sense of enthusiasm and optimism in the possibilities for revitalization, growth and new church development within the Presbytery
- Strong organizational development, group process and leadership development skills.
- Ability to work collegially.
- Strong written, verbal, social media and technological skills.
- Commitment to mission of the Presbytery of Baltimore and the PCUSA .
Relationships The Associate for Congregational Vitality is employed by the Presbytery through the Personnel Committee in consultation with the General Presbyter. The Associate reports directly to the General Presbyter.
Learn more about the Presbytery of Baltimore at www.baltimorepresbytery.org
Resumes and PIFs can be sent to:
Attn: Associate Search
Jacqueline E. Taylor, General Presbyter
Presbytery of Baltimore
5400 Loch Raven Blvd.
Baltimore, MD 21239