Rural Family Development, Inc. Is seeking applications for
Executive Director, Rural Family Development
This position is responsible for providing leadership and management to implement the Head Start Program for Caroline County in concert with the mission and vision of the Virginia Council of Churches/Rural Family Development through the utilization of Federal funding, State and agency policies and procedures.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide at least monthly updates to the members of Rural Family Development (RFD) Board of Directors and RFD Policy Council concerning overall program operations, including but not limited to information about staff, funding, program, facilities, policies and external developments of significance;
- Quality Assurance: Oversee the Head Start Program and ensure the establishment and implementation of monitoring systems to ensure that the program is in compliance with Head Start, licensing standards and the Caroline County Department of Education MOU in assuring that children and families are being well served;
- Make regular site visits to observe the program in operation and be available for consultation and support: Establish communication systems among all program stakeholders and ensure that parents, staff, Board/Policy Council members, and community partners are well-informed of each other’s issues and concerns:
- Financial Management , Analyze RFD’s current financial position and keep the Board/Policy Council informed of immediate and long range financial needs and funding proposals. including directing the annual budget development process, including the presentation and interpretation of the budget to the Board/Policy Council, and provide oversight to ensure that expenses remain in line with budget allocations in consultation with the Fiscal Manager and Head Start Fiscal Procedures:
- Personnel Management, Establish an organizational structure based on available funding, functional needs, and management and supervision protocols and update as needed. Evaluate RFD’s organizational structure annually and recommend changes as needed. In compliance with relevant laws and regulations, ensure that staff are employed as needed, that hiring promotes strategic goals related to diversity, that hiring is in line with approved budgets, and that accurate personnel records are maintained. Provide regular supervision to and performance appraisals of staff who are identified as direct reports and ensure that effective supervision and performance appraisals are being addressed at all levels of the organization, including the development of annual goals for all paid staff:
- Reporting and Evaluation, Foster and develop good communication and relationships between our Head Start centers and HS families, local agencies and the community.
- RFD Board President/VCC General Minister in consultation with the RFD Board
- Fiscal Manager, Program Operations-Early Childhood Education/Disabilities Manager
- Family Engagement/ Health Manager/Accounting/HR Assistant
- Part Time, Year Round- Exempt (Job Description condensed for advertisement)
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree preferred, especially in business, education, administration, management, human services or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of leadership and program management experience in Head Start.
- Understanding and appreciation of early childhood issues and needs as well as the needs of rural communities
- Proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations.
- Effective written and verbal communications skills, including an understanding of computer systems.
- Ability to effectively administer a complex program, including but not limited to skills and experience with negotiation, analysis, fund raising, financial management, personnel management, program development and evaluation, and organizational development.
- Ability to successfully pass the Commonwealth of Virginia background investigation, administered by the Department of Social Services
- Rural Family Development is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Council does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation.
For persons interested in applying for this position, contact the Virginia Council of Churches at (804) 321-3300 ext. 100 or they can email to email@example.com.
Executive Assistant to the General Minister
Virginia Council of Churches
1214 W. Graham Road, Suite 3
Richmond, VA 23220
O – 804-321-3300 x 100
F – 804-329-5066
POSTED: December 2017